EHS Engineer (Safety)Location: Kulim, Kedah
|Job ID: TSR9|
Specialization: ENGINEERING ENVIRONMENTAL OR HEALTH OR SAFETY|
Basic Job Functions:
Responsible to implement and sustain the plant EHS programs to ensure compliance with EHS regulatory standards/requirements and First Solar requirements for safe operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
1. Manage all EHS programs for KLM site to ensure full compliance in accordance with Federal, State and Local Regulations and ISO standards.
2. Provide necessary support and guidance to operations team to prevent safety and ergonomics incidents and operate in a conducive environment.
3. Liaise with division, state and federal agencies in the development, management and implementation of a variety of EHS programs to ensure regulatory compliance.
4. Perform assessment on new tools, process and personal protection equipment and provide recommendation to management.
5. Review and buy-off EHS programs and training materials on EHS education to ensure smooth and consistent implementation across plants.
6. Identify potential legal, regulatory (or like) issues related to safety matters and performed legal risk assessment to ensure a safe working environment.
7. Recognized the concepts of injury/incident prevention and monitoring and developed plan to reduce injuries/incidents
8. Develop new EHS programs, requirements and guidelines for continuous improvement in ensuring a safe working environment.
9. Ensure problem solving solutions are uniform across all EHS functions.
10. Lead site wide EHS roll-out and implementation to ensure compliance to regulatory requirement..
11. Analyze site incident trends and recommend action plans for overall site improvement.
12. Manage a team of EHS Technicians and Engineers to ensure department goals and plant wide safety activities are met.
• 8 years experience in safety field in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in construction, ERT, ergonomics or safety training field will be a plus.
• Degree in Occupational Safety discipline or any related field.
• Certificate in Safety and Health Officer is a plus.
1. Highly motivated and self driven
2. Possess good organizational awareness
3. Tactful and diplomatic
4. Good communication skill
5. Team orientated
6. Initiative and committed to achieve
7. Customer oriented (internal & external)
8. Good networking skill
9. Possess good influential and negotiation skill
10. Possess good planning and organizing skill – Project management
1. Good understanding of OSHA, FMA and UBBL regulations
2. Accident investigation skill
3. Good command of Microsoft application
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies