Specialization: ENGINEERING ENVIRONMENTAL OR HEALTH OR SAFETY|
Reporting to the Asian Regional Manager of Environmental, Health and Safety, this position is responsible for managing the site’s EHS Program. The EHS Manager is responsible for ensuring site compliance with federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations and company policies to manage risks associated with semiconductor manufacturing and for guiding site focus on environmental sustainability.
- Provide leadership to the site and direct staff on matters related to EHS.
- Implement health, safety, environmental and sustainability initiatives. Lead employee teams for continuous improvement of EHS goals. Effectively interact with managers and employees at all levels to drive EHS improvements and enable them to meet specific business goals.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards involving general safety, fire safety, environmental safety, and industrial hygiene.
- Prepare or ensure completion of regular site EHS reports and all regulatory reports/statistics.
- Successfully maintain and implement ON Semiconductor ISO14001 and ISO45001 certifications.
- Ensure maintenance of all required EHS related permits.
- Develop effective safety programs to prevent employee injury and minimize workers compensation costs.
- Track environmental and safety metrics.
- Develop and deliver training programs to meet regulatory requirements and company objectives.
- Track timely closure of all EHS audit findings and corrective action items.
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Maintain and continuously improve the site's regulatory compliance assurance process through overall direction of the EHS programs.
- Direct a strong structured safety process to drive a positive safety culture, insisting on consistent implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Interface with Local regulatory agencies e.g. DOE, DOSH and Local Councils relative to inspections, inquiries and associated corrective action plans.
- Lead and motivate Emergency Response Team
- Coordinate Chemical Spill Response
- Coordinating and preparing Permit to work system, Job Safety analysis
- Carrying out Construction Safety audits
- Develop and implement effective regulatory compliance assurance programs.
- Other duties and assignments as necessary
Qualifications - External
- BS degree in chemical or environmental engineering, physical sciences, industrial hygiene, or other engineering discipline.
- DOSH Registered Safety and Health Officer
- Certified Environmental Professional In Scheduled Waste Management (CePSWaM)
- Internal lead auditor for ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- 6 years’ experience as an Environmental or Safety Manager for Multinational Semiconductor industry
- An advanced degree in Health, Safety and Environmental science and CIH, CSP certifications is a plus.
Back to Job Vacancies